Winter Coats for the Apple Shape
The fashion rules don't stop being in effect because it's Winter! You're still expected to look your best while traipsing through 5 inches of snow, trying your darndest not to slip on black ice LOL Trust me, after spending four years in Chicago, I know the pains of trying to maintain a clean cut professional look while trying to protect your body from the elements or "The Hawk" as call it in the Chi. So, here are a few options AND tips for my Apply bodied ladies who want to look 'body shape appropriate', as I like to call it, and warm at the same time
Remember my little apple-tinis, your bust measurements are larger than that of your waist and hips, so:
1. We wanna stay tight on the bust and volume on the bottom to bring eye downward away from the waist
2. Don't go too long; keep the length hip (peplum) or mid-thigh to show off those FAB legs.
3. Aim for bold colors on bottom; muted tones or dark colors on top
4. Single-breasted only; you're already large busted or wide shoulders and the two rows of buttons will only widen your top area
5. Stay away from embellishments or over-sized collar; again, they add width to an already wide area
Now, lemme preface this by saying that if you can get away with it, wear it. I, myself, am a busty girl, but I LOVE an exaggerated or faux fur collar. I also like to add dimension to the look to balance it out. So have fun, play around, just make sure that you're showing off your shape in the best light.